Can be completed in 2 years.
More info: Francesco Arese Visconti firstname.lastname@example.org
The certificate in Photojournalism / Reportage is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of theoretical and practical aspects in Photojournalism and Reporting. Students will learn the photographic history and the basics of traditional and digital photography. Upper level courses, more focused on in-depth knowledge, will teach students to work in the field using the latest technologies. A hands-on approach will be a key part of the program and will complement lectures on the theoretical aspects. Students will be able to work as photographers for magazines, newspapers and modern media networks.
- Students will learn to function professionally using all the possibilities of modern photography;
- Students will gain a fundamental knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of traditional and digital photography;
- Students will learn how to work professionally in the field of photography production as freelance or photo editor in companies or magazines.
- EPMD 1000 Introduction to Media Production (3)
- MEDC 1050 Introduction to Media Writing (3)
- PHOT 0100 PHOT Portfolio Review (0)
- PHOT 1000 Photo 1 (3)
- PHOT 2000 Photo 2 (3)
- PHOT 2040 History of Photography (3)
- PHOT 2500 Photojournalism (3)
- PHOT 3000 Color Photography (3)
- PHOT 3190 Digital Photographic Imaging (3)
- PHOT 3760 currently Photo Reportage (soon to become ‘Topics in Editorial Photography’) (3)
- PHOT 4870 Advanced Photojournalism (4)
- MEDC 4950 Professional Media Practicum (3)
In addition, students must complete a minimum of 3 credit hours from among the following:
- PHOT 3195 Digital Photographic Imaging II (3)
- PHOT 4000 Photography in Tuscany (3)
- PHOT 4190 Topics in Digital Photographic Imaging (3)
- PHOT 4200 Topics in Color (3)