If you have a recognized Master’s degree, you are eligible to earn a second ‘sequential’ degree by completing only the core courses, representing a saving of up to 40% of tuition--and 40% of your time.
The number of core courses are listed below for a sequential degree:
MA Management & Leadership – 8 courses
MA Human Resources Management – 9 courses
MA International Relations – 9 courses
MA International NGO – 8 courses
MBA – 10 courses (must also meet the program requirement)
How to apply
After selecting a program, apply online and prepare to submit the following documents:
- Official Master degree and transcripts
- Official Bachelor degree and transcripts
- Explanation of the grading system and scale, if not the American 4-point GPA scale.
- Literal English translations of the diplomas and transcripts (if they are not in English). Translations must be official: certified by an accredited translator or notarized by a competent legal authority. We do not accept photocopies of translations.
- English proficiency results from either a TOEFL or IELTS test.
- A 500 word essay on one of the following two topics: 1. Your past experiences that may have helped you shape your future goals and why. 2. How you expect this graduate program to help you achieve your future career or personal goals.
- Two letters of recommendation. These can be professional colleagues, supervisors, and/or professors who are able to comment on your ability to be a successful graduate student.
- An updated résumé or curriculum vitae.
- Photocopy of passport biographical page, plus any current residence permit or visa for Switzerland.
Note: Additional documentation might be requested by the Admissions Committee. All application documents submitted to Webster University become the property of the university and cannot be returned or reproduced. Keep a copy of all documents submitted. The application fee of CHF 50 is non-refundable.
Evaluation of your application
Applications are reviewed by the Admissions Committee and by an Academic Advisor. We look for evidence of your potential to be successful at Webster University. Primary consideration is given to your academic performance, the rigor and content of your Bachelor and Master degrees coursework, your performance in courses directly related to the master program (if applicable), your documented English language proficiency, your work experience (where relevant), your motivation and commitment as demonstrated in your application essay and discussed in your letters of recommendations.
Admissions Requirements for a sequential degree
These requirements apply to Webster master’s degree programs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university.
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4 point scale, or its equivalent. Academic achievement in programs that use a different assessment scale is evaluated in the context of the relevant academic system.
- The English language proficiency minimum requirement is a TOEFL score of 575 points on the Paper-based test (PBT) or 89 points Internet-based test (iBT) or an IELTS score Overall band 6.5.
- Exceptions: admission to the MBA, 1-year MBA and the MA Counseling requires specific undergraduate pre-requisites. Please contact the admissions office for details.
If you have any other questions please contact:
Graduate Admissions Representative
+41 22 959 8016