How to Apply for Undergraduate Programs

Thank you for your interest in Webster's Bachelor programs.  Before you get started with your online application, please review the following carefully and contact us if you have any questions.

Webster University Geneva offers five dates for entry each year for most programs, and you can submit your application at any time. You will choose your intended start date when you begin the online application form. 

Our next start dates:
Spring 2 Term 2019:  Half-semester (8-week term) begins on March 18, 2019
Summer Term 2019: begins on May 20, 2019
Fall 1 Term 2019: begins on August 26, 2019

Spring 2 2018 (8-week term, for half-semester courses):  open for first-time freshmen who could not make the previous start date, and to current university transfer students.  Full-time bachelor students who join on this date will take courses designed in 8-week format (and then in subsequent semesters, can choose full 16-week courses).

Student Visa?  We're here to help.

Our admissions team can guide you through the Swiss visa application process after you earn admission.

Non-Swiss and Non-European residents:   For prospective students who need a student visa, we recommend submitting your online application a couple of months before your desired enrollment date. If for any reason your visa process is delayed, your enrollment can be deferred to the subsequent term.

Student visa attestation letters, which you will need for making a visa application, are sent with offers of admission. However, please note that the visa process requires proper planning (3-6 weeks or more depending on your nationality and location of application).

How to Apply / Documentation required

Please create your application account online and submit it electronically once you are ready.

In the application process, we will also require some additional documents (which can be submitted during or after your online application process):

For first-time (freshmen) applying from high school*:

(* transfer students from other universities should go to this page for instructions)

  • High school transcript.  Your most current transcript is adequate for an admissions decision, even if you did not yet graduate or sit for final exams.  (When you enroll, you will later be asked to send Webster a final copy of your transcript and graduation date--or a copy of your diploma, if the date is not listed on your transcript). 

    Generally, original secondary school and/or university transcripts should document three years of study.  If your transcript is not in English, we will need literal English translations. Translations must be official: certified by an accredited translator or notarized by a competent legal authority
  • English proficiency results from either a TOEFL or IELTS test.  Unofficial copies are acceptable for your application and our admissions decisions (an official copy can be submitted once you enroll in classes)
  • A 300-400 word essay that demonstrates your motivation, commitment and readiness for university life.
  • Two letters of recommendation from high school teachers (one can be from your counselor)
  • Photocopy of passport biographical page (plus any current residence permit or visa for Switzerland, if you are already a resident)
  • If you pursued external examinations such as the International Baccalaureate, Advanced Placement exams, Swiss Maturité, or French Baccalaureate programs, we will eventually require your official records for assessing your transferable credits.  Predicted grades or unofficial copies are adequate during the admissions process.

Note:  all application documents submitted to Webster University become the property of the university and cannot be returned or reproduced.  Be sure to keep a copy of all documents submitted.

Begin your application today

Create your application account here to get the process started!

Our application is a centralized system for all Webster University global campus locations.  When you create your account, you will be asked to designate your campus of choice.  Be sure to contact us at if you have any questions or need assistance with the online form.