ENSURING QUALITY LEARNING AT WEBSTER UNIVERSITY GENEVA
Our approach to the University’s strategy to ensure quality takes into account the following philosophy:
- That a focus on continuous quality improvement helps better achieve the Webster University Geneva mission,
- That quality processes are integral for a sustainable university and campus,
- That all members and stakeholders of the Webster University Geneva community can contribute to quality assessment, and
- That Webster University Geneva communicates and disseminates the results and impact of quality assurance processes.
Our aspiration is to continue to grow and deepen this culture of quality assessment and continuous improvement throughout the Webster University Geneva community.
QUALITY ASSURANCE STRATEGY
The strategic plan of Webster University Geneva flows from our University’s mission, vision, and values. The plan and the objectives it outlines are defined by the stakeholders of Webster University Geneva and approved by the Board. From these inputs emerges an institutional strategic plan that will drive the campus for a three-year cycle.
The QA planning cycle is embedded in the University's strategic planning process and works on a 3-year cycle:
Through ongoing discussions with our stakeholders, a limited number of themes (or "pillars") linked to our mission, vision, and values are selected to drive the strategic plan. Each theme is then studied by a working group composed of staff members, professors, and students to define specific objectives and metrics, which are monitored by the Quality Assurance Office.
From the participatory process of the current planning cycle (2021-2024), the campus community developed the following five pillars of the QA strategy, which closely align with our core values, to be monitored by the Quality Assurance Office:
- Student-centered knowledge and skill acquisition through liberal arts education,
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives,
- Student progress through degree completion,
- Creativity and innovation impact, and
- Post-graduation student success
Students, faculty and staff have participated in the work of internal committees related to these five pillars.
At the heart of our quality assurance cycle is an annual reporting process, whereby university departmental-level goals and activities are linked to our institutional strategic plan. This annual report process allows operational and academic departments to enter a continuous improvement cycle of operation, performance assessment, and revision of operational processes, structure, and methods. Performance is reported annually by each department to the Quality Assurance Office, which compiles a global assessment of progress toward institutional objectives in the strategic plan to produce the institutional annual report that is published on the University website and presented to the Board of our Foundation (Fondation Webster).
A consolidated institutional annual report will be published on this page in late Summer 2022.