Webster University encourages student mobility internationally and makes it easy to all qualified students to study abroad.
You may choose to study one term or more at one of Webster international campuses without interrupting your program of studies. Simply start the process two terms ahead of your planned travel date by meeting with your academic advisor or visiting the Study Abroad office.
- If an undergraduate student, you must have successfully completed a minimum of 15 credit hours at Webster University at time of international travel.
- If a graduate student, you must have successfully completed a minimum of 9 credit hours at Webster University at time of international travel.
- Good academic standing, including a minimum GPA of 2.5. International partner programs in the United Kingdom have a 2.8 GPA requirement. Students with a GPA between 2.2 and 2.5 who have extenuating circumstances, or who can demonstrate a pattern of improvement, may be given consideration and should speak with a study abroad advisor if interested in applying.
- You must be in good financial standing with the Business office.
- Finally you must be in good social standing, complying with Webster’s student conduct policy.
Webster World Traveler Award
The purpose of this award is to provide round-trip airfare to degree-seeking students at Webster University wishing to study abroad at another location and return to their home campus to complete their degrees. This award is not applicable to students wishing to apply for a permanent site-transfer.
For students enrolled at a European campus, eligible travel includes Webster campuses in the United States, or China (note that not all programs are available at all campuses).
Qualifications for the Webster World Traveler Award:
- You must successfully complete a minimum of one eight-week term (six credits) abroad as a full time student.
- You must remain enrolled as a full-time student in good standing while abroad in accordance with Webster University policy and local immigration law.
- You must complete a minimum of 30 additional credit hours at Webster University, which may include credits earned while abroad or completion of the degree program at Webster University.
- Successfully fulfill the service obligation to be determined in consultation with the Study Abroad/Student Services Office. The students, for example, would agree, on their return to Webster Geneva, to talk to current students about their experience, the added-value to their education and the lasting impact on their world view. By so doing they would encourage studying abroad to other students.
- If you decide to change the ticket once it has been booked, you are financially responsible for any change fee and re-booking.
While studying abroad you remain a Webster Geneva student and continue to pay your tuition fees to the Business office at the Geneva campus.
Senior Director of Enrollment Management & External Relations
Phone: +41 22 959 8030