Launch of The American International Club — Webster University Geneva Career Exchange
On Tuesday, Jan. 21, Webster University Geneva's Career Services department and members of the American International Club of Geneva, leaders of businesses and nonprofit organizations, held a Career Exchange and networking night with Webster students and recent graduates. Ed Schneider, President of the America International Club (AIC), introduced the established highly international organization and shared that the American entrepreneurial spirit is what drives the organization.
Over the evening presentations and Q&A session, seven senior leaders, also members of the AIC, shared insights about their company/industry, their personal career paths to their current position, and advice about how students can take early career steps to build success. Each speaker showed that the path was not always visible when they were young, and their stories demonstrated that resilience is an important asset in a changing labor landscape. They fielded questions from both bachelor and master students (from a variety of majors), and talked about their own career highlights and challenges.
- Patrizia Carlevaro is the co-founder and board member of GenomSys
- Sean Carson is the director and founder of the Geneva Office of AECOM
- Rodolphe Eurin is the CEO at Hopital de la Tour
- Paige Holt is the chief operating officer of CNN Money Switzerland, vice president of the AIC
- Vanessa von Richter is the director and co-founder of Anouk Foundation
- Thomas Dobis is the BPS Global Advisory lead and F&A at DXC-HP
- Ed Schneider is the general partner of Quan Management LLC, president of the AIC
Webster University Geneva expresses its thanks to members of the AIC. It was announced that this AIC Webster Career Exchange evening may become the first in an annual series with Webster University.
In addition, the AIC has a student leadership club (which students can join with a free membership).